Sunday, April 1, 2012

Regular Participation in Daily Physical Activity

5-3.2
Identify opportunities available in the school and community for regular
participation in physical activity.

It is important to be aware of what opportunities there are for physical activity. Just being aware can really change our decision making. When a YMCA was built right across the street from where I live, it greatly enhanced the frequency of exercise for me because I finally had a place where I could go play basketball all of the time.

I created a flickr account for students as well as anyone to contribute to in order to spread awareness of local opportunities for regualr health enhancing physical activity. All you have to do is sign up, take pictures, upload, and geotag them for others to see.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1920590@N24/

2 comments:

  1. Mike, I love the fact that your blog is about physical fitness. Creating a Flickr account to generate excitement to exercise is a great idea. Is a large percentage of kids that you teach over weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Most of my students are at a healthy weight. Flexibility, suprisingly, is the fitness component that needs the most improvement.

    ReplyDelete